A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, also known as PS4. First announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Error Code CE-34335-8, PS4 cannot read the hard drive

When I try to start my PS4, the hard drive makes repeated clicking noises, as if it keeps trying to read it and it physically cannot. I already removed the plastic cover and have taken out and reinserted the hard drive, and it changed nothing. I'm assuming the problem is physical, but I really know very little about such matters. Is this something I can fix on my own or will I need to take it into a shop?

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

You can just replace the hdd, I doubt warranty covers it. I would use minimum 500gb 7200rpm 2.5" SATA laptop hdd. Repeat that to any computer store and they will know what you are talking about.

If you have a recent old laptop the hdd from that would do depending on size but if you do use it, it will format the data on it.

Good luck.

The factory warranty would cover this problem.

We had this problem with one of our ps4's. I called gamestop and they told me to have the system off and hold the power button until it beeps twice. We were able to restore the system that way. But we were only to play one the system for a few hours when a code came up saying "Cannot start the PS4. Cannot access system storage. Press the power button for 1 second (until the system beeps) to turn off the PS4. (CE-34335-8)

The easiest thing to do is to replay the hardrive, if you don't want to replace it go to this link

https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/ps4...

Mine s doing that and i have tried to do the reset it dont work i have also removed the top and went to see if hard drive was loose it wasnt any other mthods or a reason as to why

If the hard drive is making ticking noises you must get the hard drive replaced and the PS4 firmware installed to fix that problem.

Upon replacing ps4 hardridlve how do I install ps4 firmware without a pc….. I have zero access to anything like a pc…. Can i just insert hdd and turn on ps4 and install firmware or do i need a pc….. You can ring me if its easier 07480595042

Oscar Valenzuela will be eternally grateful.