0

ddonuts
1

Why won't my zen boot?

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

My creative zen(just zen, not v plus, zen touch, etc) wont boot. I think its bricked. Sometimes, i can get it to boot after it has been sitting around for a few weeks, but it always fails to boot after i unplug it. I have used recovery mode to clean up, format, and reload firmware. I have the latest version now. I am willing to take it apart, and have already done it once, but i didnt know what to do.

Edited by: machead3, rj713, and Matt Barnes ( )

Archived as not answerable by machead3, rj713, and Matt Barnes

I noticed you never got an answer to this. Are you still having this problem

machead3,

Yeah. I tried booting it into recovery mode, then I wiped the memory that showed up on my computer. It worked for a while, but now it's back where I started.

ddonuts,

0

info
1

i have the same problem. i was able to reboot it by following a starting sequence with the unit plugged in, Press and hold one of the buttons and turn the power on. But i can no longer find that tech article online, and i didn't archive the web page i read it on, as it no longer is in the creative database.

I remember reading the article. That didn't work for me. For anyone who doesn't have a problem as serious as the one i mentioned above, I the sequence was- 1. Hold play/pause 2. (still holding play/pause)Push the reset button and hold it as well. 3. (still holding play/pause) Release the reset button, and Slide the power switch to turn it on. 4. It should be in recovery mode. Format all, Reload firmware, Etc. until the problem is fixed.

ddonuts,

0

secondleft
1

I have the same problem :\. I tried that steps but I can't install the firmware. If you find something that solves the problem please share. thank you.