Repair and disassembly guides and support for dish washing appliances.

Bosch Dishwasher SHE65T55UC-X01 smells and molds plastic

Bosch Dishwasher SHE65T55UC-X01

Why does my dishwasher smell and mold my plastic?

I've had the same rotten smell problem, as many posted, after purchasing a stainless steel Bosch over a year ago. Smells like rotten garbage and my plastic dishes (pre-rinsed or not) get black mold after only one day in washer. The stink is even when only 4 or 5 items are in the washer. The vinegar and dw cleaners work for a couple of days; then stench returns. Reps came to look at it a few times during first year and adjusted temp. They recommended NOT rinsing and running it daily ! (Now how does that rate as energy saving ?) Nothing works. I've read all comments about P trap and loop. Our double sink has T configuration and the P trap is under the floor (basement ceiling) rather than under the sink. The dishwasher hose is looped mid-sink level. Note, however, this problem never existed with old dishwasher with same plumbing set up. Odors disgusting. Ruining my plastic too and wondering how much unnoticed mold we're consuming too. Any help please?

Stinkn Mad

First pull the filter and possibly replace it. Here's the part: http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/B...

Next I would replace the check value that keeps drained water from seeping back into the machine.

ok barring any problems with the waste pipe set put some hydrogen peroxide through it it will kill any bacteria ,they use it in industrial washers !

Stinkn Mad will be eternally grateful.