The Samsung Galaxy S4, model i9505, features a 13-megapixel rear camera, and a 5-inch 1080p display.

Change the Display Assembly with or without the frame?

I fell under this modern curse of breaking the glass of my device screen...

I saw a few tutorial about both methods and it really looks like changing the screen with the frame is much more easier (though more expensive)

I'm pretty handy but I fear of overheating the screen...

What would you recommand? Changing the whole display or just the broken glass?

Replacing the whole display is a lot easier than trying to replace just the glass or digitizer. It is difficult to separate the pieces of the display without causing damage. It can take quite a bit of practice to accomplish a successful glass only or digitizer repair on screens that are fused/bonded like the S4's screen. It is easier with the proper tools like a display seperator but still is not as easy as just swapping out an old display with a new one. So I would recommend just replacing the whole display. It is so much easier and also a lot less time consuming.

Wassim Bouaziz will be eternally grateful.