After screen repair the device wont turn on

After fixing my friends iphone 5s(LCD) it will show no signs of life. it looks like a may have knocked a small component off next to the battery connector. and help is appreciated!

You've got to put that component back. the little components there around the battery are generally all important to the device booting. If you don't still have that component, you might can source it from a parts board. If you're not confident in your ability to do this, you might consider hiring someone to do it, further damage is not hard to do.

I feel I could do it if I knew what the component is. But I'm assuming I can't just jump the connection?

Wesley Burson will be eternally grateful.