lines, splotches, and unresponsive iPhone 5 screen

I ATTEMPTED to replace my cracked screen, glass only, and thought I did a terrific job! Until I put back the cables and turned it on. Crap. There are thick and thin vertical lines, blue, green, red.... and random black splotches, that looks as if I spilled ink on my screen, I really do not want to spend $120 getting it fixed,my dad wouldn't like spending so much on my phone. Our phone bill is enough. Do I check the cables? Missing screws? Dust the inside? I'm almost certain it's an LCD issue though..

Most Helpful Answer

Helen, " that looks as if I spilled ink on my screen" sure sounds like a broken LCD. That is the problem with glass only repairs. Unless one has the right tools and plenty of practice it's an mishap waiting to happen. To fix it I'd suggest that you replace the complete display assembly. Here is the guide for it and the part is available right here as well as many other places. You may find it of lesser quality but cheaper at other places.

iPhone 5 LCD Screen and Digitizer Full Assembly Image

Helen will be eternally grateful.