Second generation of CDMA iPad 2 with 16, 32, or 64 GB and Dual Core A5 Processor. Model Number A1397. Repair is detailed and requires heat and prying.

60 Questions View all

What is the lining on the iPad called?

Is there a name to the black plastic lining in between the iPad glass and the metal case? I replaced a iPad 2 CDMA glass screen, and I wasn't able to get it in flush without removing the plastic lining. I tried to put the lining back, but it is broken is 2 to 3 places and tiny bits are missing so it looks bad. Any way to buy the item or something to use in replacement to cover the gap?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment
Free shipping on orders over $20
Use code BLUEANDBLACK at checkout
Free shipping on orders over $20

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

TheChosenMammal, from your description I can only think of the Bezel Gasket. Take a look on here and see if that is what you are referring to.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 3


Thank you so much, I didn't know the name. That's exactly what I was referring to!(:


Add a comment

Add your answer

TheChosenMammal will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 70