Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

iPhone 6 died suddenly and won't turn on.

Dear ifixit family,

I recently got an iphone 6 which was working quite nicely up until 2 days ago when the phone turned off, and when I clicked the home button, it showed me the red battery logo and the cable logo. Upon which I connected it to a charger, and the cable logo disappeared. Thinking all was fine, I left the phone to charge for almost an hour, and tried turning it back on.

And my blood ran cold. No response from the phone. Tried the home+power button routine. No dice. Left it on charge for a further 3 hours and tried all the possible combinations including holding the home button and connecting it to my mac. Nada.

It's been almost three days now and the phone isn't recognised by my mac nor is it turning on. Please help. I've had to go through a LOT including letting my client enslave me for 3 months. *sob*

وقد جلبت هذه المشكلة حتى في الكثير من الأحيان

Your not alone ive had this twice with iphone 6 plus

I wont be getting any more iphones my wife has a galazy note 4 its been through !&&* and back and still works fine and yet a most looked after iphone dies for nonreason really dissapointed

i had the same problem, replacement of the lightning connector assembly solved the issue

How much did that cost Yu

Hey Aryan,

first of all, I'd recommend going to an Apple store to check if they will replace your iPhone for free. It's almost always the best option since you don't void your warranty early on by doing something as simple as replacing a battery.

Now, if you're out of luck and you want to get repairing, ask yourself if there were any irregularities before. Heating up when charging, quick battery drain etc. Also did you charge the device with the original Apple USB cable, in an original Apple charging plug?

I would recommend for you to try the following (in this order) :

- replace the battery, if the phone turns on check if the battery charges. If yes, problem is most likely solved, if no, go to step 2

- replace the dock connector.

If none of the above work, please contact me.

Good luck!

iPhone 6 Replacement Battery Image

Product

iPhone 6 Replacement Battery

$24.99

Dear Paintskill, Thank you for the info. I haven't been able to go the store yet, but will keep you updated.

Hey I tried the above steps and it didn't work for me. Both the dock connector and the battery were replaced and also tried and other screen and still didn't work.

was there any solution to this problem. i got a iphone 6 with the same problem.

I am fixing a phone for a customer, He said the phone was thrown half way across the room against a wall. It worked fine for a few days then one day he plugged it in, it got really hot and turned off. I have tried replacing the LCD, Battery, and the Charging port but still cant get life. Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking the motherboard is probably shot...Let me know what you think please.

Hi Turice9,

Sorry for the late response, been very busy lately. Try to remove the battery and plug the phone into a charger. If it remains "dead" and keeps heating up the motherboard might be damaged.

Most Helpful Answer

My phone did this same thing today. Just went black and I could not wake it. Charging it provided no response. I plugged it into my computer and no response and the computer did not see that the phone was connected.

I found on the Apple website to try holding down the power button and home key simultaneously for 15 seconds. It worked !!! My phone woke up and so far has been working fine. Maybe others are having a similar issue.

thank you so much for the 15 seconds suggestion.. got my phone awake..so happy..God bless you..

I tried this too, (hold down the power button together with the home key for 15 seconds and then it worked! Thanks.

just happened to me and the 15 second method worked for me too!

worked for me to. Had to hold both buttons down for a full 15 seconds though.

worked for me too. thanks a lot

If you have replaced battery and dock, Fast battery drain, red screen, and sudden death are all very good indications of a short.

More often than not the short is the tristar IC (1610A2), which becomes damaged from using cheap wall chargers, car chargers, ipod docks, ect.

The issue is board level, and its impossible to know if the issue is this ic or something else on the baord. Your best bet is to send it to someone for board level diagnosis or repair. There is a link on my profile to a website that will help you locate some of the most trusted board level techs there is. There may even be one close to you. If not, all of them accept mail in repair.

Sudden death on the iPhone 6 series is common, and it can almost always be fixed, but only by experienced board repair technicians. I fix many of these each week

Do you know any european board repair techs also?

@rany is in lebanon

Can you fix mines because I tried all of these

how much does it cost to try to repair tristar IC (1610A2)? Can you fix mine or Know anyone in Montana?

you can find very qualified people who can replace the tristar all over the world at http://boardrepair.info

I found this guide, which might be helped.

https://usefulpcguide.com/18200/my-iphon...

The link given above was a great help for me.

Thanks! This link was helpful- but unfortunately had to reset my phone. was having other issues before, such as backing up photos for the past 3 months even with icloud and iTunes- so now they're all lost :( But at least the phone is up again! I'm considering getting an Android phone next, but they all seem to have issues too. So frustrating

hi Unfortunately i experienced the same issue a couple of days ago. I took it to Authorised service agency & was shocked to know that it will have to be replaced. The ASA is not even giving proper answer for the glitch which caused iphone to go dead.

Does anyone have any support in mumbai?

When your iPhone won't turn on,you can use iTunes to restore it to normal,but this way will case your iPhone data losing.However,I recommend you use this iOS System Recovery to restore ios system to normal without data loss.

Learn the guide:How to Fix an iPhone That Won't Turn On

last night my mobile had finished charge when i pluged my mobile show then icons but it does nit work then i change the charger cable but then no show anything on the screen

help me

i was travelling and all was happening well den i played my music aftr a min or 5 min it got off . and its not undr warrenty i have tried to connect charger den also it wont gets start ,den i preses power + volume down and home button ..nothing happened .wat to do ?

I bought a brand new cable and charger from Apple and it resolved my issue. The iPhone 6+ I use can only charge from the old charger when it is already turned on, no longer when it has no battery. It has the same issue with several non-Apple cables as well.

Try using both a new Apple cable as well as a new Apple charger to see if your issue is similar.

my iPhone 6+ is very old i got in three years ago and i lost it for about a year and i got it to turn on and now every once and a while it just turns off the screen fades and slowly goes black but it will still play music for a while until it completely shuts off and wont turn on ive tried holding power and home button for long periods charging for hours and it wont turn on then sometimes if i hit the power button it just turns on and works fine

I held down the power button and home key simultaneously for 15 seconds. It worked !!! My phone woke up and so far has been working fine. Maybe others are having a similar issue

Crap phones. Notice how the old phones go to crap when a new one comes out. My 6s does this weekly. Becoming a problem. I use the alarm quite a bit. When it crashes at night, no alarm. Won't be purchasing anymore Apple products. Been a good phone for 3 years. Crap now.

You've had that problem too huh? My dad's alarm's on both his personal iphone 7 plus, and work iphone 7 have frozen when he hits the snooze button. So hours later, past the time we were supposed to leave, luckily my dad naturally wakes up, but it is still late. This caused many wonderful days of extreme tardiness at school.

First thing you need to do is find out if the phone charging. You can buy a usb amp meter (very cheap) http://amzn.to/2DXxScM and check if the phone is drawing any amps. Anything between 0.2 to 1amp is good and means the phone is charging as it should. Your problem could be a display issue where the phone is working but not able to display an image or backlight to the screen. This is caused by either a short on the 5.7v rail or the display chesnut ic. You can see a video here that talks about how the 5.7v line works. https://youtu.be/qy7FwDgWvnQ

Hey, I have the similar problem on my iPhone 6s. As I used it battery went weaker and weaker, I thought that's the common problem with Apple products so I went to the local repair shop and I changed battery. When I went home my battery was still weak and was draining fast. I thought that he didn't replaced it so I went to repair shop and he replaced it again, and the same problem. He change the connector port, and the same problem. My battery would die after 3 hours, and I always had my phone charged on. One day i left without my charger, and I got one from my friend, stuck it in my iPhone and that red icon was on, but it wasn't charging, and the battery completly drained out. I really can't afford more repairs, it already costed me more than 100$. I treid the home button and main button for a minute, nothing happens. I really need al the help from you guys. And for the record my iPhone never droped, or had any damage, never heated up, really don't know what should I do??

Did you get an answer. I'm having the same problems.

My iphone 6s was on 100% when i went to school, and i wasn't on it AT ALL this morning and i tried turning it on in second period and nothing And then a really dark blue screen came up then went to black, I turned the ringer off and on and i felt the vibration and then when I got home It wouldnt wake up I put it on the charger not even the battery icon came up.... Im so confused i did absolutely nothing

I held down the phone's right hand side power button and the front home button at the same time, for about ten seconds. Then the Apple logo came back on the screen, and after a few minutes I was able to redo the set up process. I had tried that previously without success, but I hadn't held the two buttons down for long enough - it took about 10 seconds before the phone eventually responded.

Good luck, I know how frustrating problems like this can be!

Hey guys check out latest iphone accessories here….you could get a new charger here

https://ps-mobile-phones-accessories.mys...

Aryan Sharma will be eternally grateful.