Model A1136 / 30, 60, or 80 GB hard drive / black or white plastic front

broken headphone ribbon cable connector

Will a broken headphone ribbon cable connector damage and require the replacement of the logic board on my 5th generation Ipod video?

I removed the broken ribbon from the board. OK, I already ordered the headphone and jack switch with the hope that replacing the broken ribbon will fix my ipod. The ribbon did not get ripped from the logic board, it broke in the middle. If I need a new logic board I will probably just get a new ipod, I have priced replacements on ebay for $70. Therefore it would make sense to buy another logic board.

if the connector is still there, but the holding tab is broken - you could try hot glue to fixate the ribbon (apply it carefully, only "warm" - when it starts to get "waxy" - use the opposite side of the contacts - you have nothing to loose and it could save you 70$)

as i wrote in your original question - since there are no connectors on the market, you can't fix the damage!

but one other question - you didn't wrote about - what happend to the connector?

did you teared it of the logic board or did you break it?

if you teared it off the board and it's still intact - you could find someone who is able to resolder it to the logicboard.

if you don't find anybody - then you would need a new logicboard

So the headphone jack and hold switchʻs ribbon is not the same ribbon as the one I broke. That strange, there are only two long ribbons in the ipod and the other is for the battery. I thought for sure the headphone jack and hold switch contained the other ribbon. To answer your question about where it broke, it was right in the middle of the ribbon.

sure it is. so the connector is still on the board?

headphone ribbon cable won't lock the cable in place. is it broken? How can I lock that cable so I can close the ipod?????

stephen fortson will be eternally grateful.