How to bond frame and glass together

Hi everyone,

I just had a question on what type of glue/bonding you use for putting the frame and glass back together. I know you use LOCA for LCD&Glass only repairs but what about the frame. Also I have done a few Samsung Galaxy glass only repairs and the glass keeps popping on the top edge. I've used different types of double sided tape but nothing seems to work.

Any input or help would greatly appreciate it.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Gorilla glue epoxy might be the answer here. I'm currently looking for the exact same solution and although super glue gel seems a possibility it doesn't mention glass anywhere in its uses. Gorilla glue epoxy specifically says it will stick glass. Around £5 for 25ml so probably well worth a pop

Yes, but what about if they cracked the screen again and you need to replace the glass only. The epoxy will not come off. I worked in the healthcare industry and I used to use a industrial strength silicone adhesive that bonds strong. I've been doing some test with that to see if it works. And is bonds to glass,metal,plastic and much more the only problem is that it's from Japan.

Fair point but since a replacement frame costs less than £1, if the device comes back in for repair again a new frame could be fitted easily enough. This is probably more cost effective than the price difference in the silicon glue vs apoxy. But I suppose it's down to personal choice and what you prefer working with. I know that plenty of repair places just use the 3M strips and don't care. Simply because they generally end up coming to us when the screen drops off 2 weeks later!

Thomas, you make a good point on the frame replacement. I'll give it a shoot thanks for your input.

gillrios will be eternally grateful.