PLEASE HELP: Don't know what to do next?!?
- Power button not functioning
- Volume buttons not functioning
- Screen started "Ghost typing" (as if someone were touching screen when no one is touching it)
- Headphone jack not working right (muffled unless pull plug out slightly) -- DECIDED to ignore headphone jack issue for now (son uses Bluetooth headset)
My actions so far:
0. I could not power off, so I did these repairs with device still on
- 1 Removed screen (ok I cracked it, but I figured digitizer needed replacing anyway)
- 2 Found/ordered parts I thought I needed from iFixit (digitizer, power/volume buttons/cable)
- 3 Received parts and installed them (now realize the need a new bezel)
- Screen does not come on when I push power/home button
- * Sometimes I can see that it does come on, but not back lit (so hard to see)
- * Sometimes I can get beep/siri (but very soft/muffled) if I hold or double click (forget which) the home button
- * I could head soft sound when plugged in power cable
- NOW, Not responsive AT ALL (points above do not work)
I have taken apart and pulled/plugged all cables. No change. Wondered if plugging cables "upside down", but don't see how since the ribbon cable can only reach one way. I have left plugged in for more than an hour; no change.
WHAT DO I DO?!?
Any ideas on what the problem is? My son is freaking out.
I know I can fix this with some direction...
Any info/ideas are appreciated.
Is this a good question?