phone works but touch screen is unresponsive after water damage.

I dropped just the top of my phone in water and it immediately went black. I soaked it in rice for 24 hours and it still wouldn't turn on. I brought it to a repair place where they cleaned it etc. They were able to get it to turn on, but I can't use it because the screen does not respond to my touch. They said it's a malfunction of the digitizer and for some reason there was nothing they could do. Is there any way to fix this? The screen isn't cracked or anything, the display is fine. If I replace the digitizer with one of your kits, should that fix the problem? What else can I do?

Thank you.

What did you finally do to fix your screen Rosalind?

My mobile also have same problem

My tablet did not fall in water but something filled with water spilled on it. It was cracked up b4 this incident but the touch was still working. All the knobs are working (power button, volume buttons and home button) . it's coming on and I still get notifications but I have a pattern on it my touch is not responding.plz help. :"(

My phone touch is working easily but last line touch is not working so how can I use my phone?

I'd suggest to call the shop to verify they tried another screen which I'd assume they did. When dealing with water damage most of the times is not only swapping parts out but actually working on the logic board. Rice is not helpful at all. Next time (hopefully there won't be) take it to a shop that can clean the board throughly right after the accident to avoid corrosion. A good shop should de solder all the shields on the motherboard and clean preferably with an ultrasonic cleaner.

Hi Israel, thanks for reaching out. I doubt they replaced the screen simce they didnt charge me. But they said they cleaned everything. What do you suggest I do right now, since I don't plan on water damaging it again? Is there anything I can do to fix it, assuming the logic board has been cleaned but the screen jasnt been replaced?

I'd suggest to back up your phone if possible and take it to an Apple Store for a flat rate replacement

Ok thank you

I dropped mine in water then after a few minutes the screen didn't move when I touched it.

Someone told me to take the phone apart and make sure everything is dry.

Any legitimate independent repair shop would have tested your phone with a new screen and attempted to sell you a new screen to make your phone functional. This means that you likely have board damage at the digitizer connector or elsewhere as is common.

Your best bet after water damage on an iPhone 6 is the $299 out of warranty replacement at Apple.

Also, skip the rice, it makes it worse and delays proper treatment while the phone is still wet.

Ok, so you think they tried a screen and it didn't work? If I take my phone to apple they will offer me this deal? Thanks for your help!

Hi Rosalind. Did you tried this solution to fix unresponsive iPhone 6 http://www.unlockboot.com/2015/02/how-to...

It worked for me.

I have an iPhone 6s I recently just yesterday had an accident it fell in the toilet & I didn't realize it til I had got up I immediately dryed it with the only towel I found that was dry I dryed it as much as I can & I still felt water coming out from the bottom of the phone I then holded the phone & face the bottom of it in a tower fan I put it in dry rice & kept it in their for hours even last nigh this morning I took it out & tryed to turn it on it did nothing I even plugged the charger in it still nothing

hold down home button and power it will work it did for me

i had my phone go black for about a week and found this solution it just restarts your phone

Its a permanent Damage , Apple Cant Fix it , they will offer new handset

d best way is to open the whole phone and clean it with alcahole and dry it,if not it will dry by it self and cause shortcircuit,

I dropped my phone in the water, i took it out immediately and dried it with a towel, then i switched on the phone, the touch screen wasnt working, i just removed the battery and let it dry...but it didnt work....its been 3-4 days since but still its not working...will putting my phone in a rice jar work? ...i did not try putting my phone in the rice jar earlier

Plz help i dont know what to do now

i was gonna use the bathroom not a couple minute later i realize that i forgot my phone in my pocket it was never racking ,i cry.One it turn on but after a couple minute later the screen turn black plz can somebody help.i would be so happy if somebody help.please it hurt.

3 possibilities:

1. dead touch connector on screen

2. dead touch connector on logic board

3. dead touch chips on logic board

try another LCD, try to clean gentry the connectors with alchol and a toothbrush. if doesn't work - take it to the service to change chips.

hi,my intex mobile dropped in water and after 10 to 15 days i tried to start my mobile it does not working and when my mobile dropped in water i do not do anything please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing you can do with any phone is press home button and power button hold for 20 seconds and then it will turn black and then after it turns black it means it will work fine but if it doesn't just restart it and hopefully it will be fine or try plugging in the phone.

Solution #1: Plug the phone in

Solution #2: Put the phone in dry uncooked rice

Solution #3: Get a refund where you bought it but have a receipt for it if the store gives refund or coverage of phone damage

Solution #3: Sell it at a cellular device store they might repair it and sell it for exchange of money or another phone

Solution #4: Leave it in the sun for at least 24 hours at least or overnight

Solution #5: restart the whole phone

hi guys my first ever post to get help regarding phones i am been in repairing like replacing parts since five or more years but never solder or removed any hardware part.like iphones and samsung now i am having a problem with water damaged iphone 6 which was working only screen was cracked,but i open it up change the lcd with new its start playing up i put in spirit for electronics for like 2 hours and get it fully dry put it back strat working fine all good,made calls ,camera ,homebutton all part of screen start working then i put it on charge came back again same problem even with new lcd bottom right side is affected rest still works as normal.any good idea donot want to go o any technician as they charged around 25 to 30 quid to resolder digitiser connector.is there any solution can help in my situation.any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

MASTERS GUYS PLEASE REPLY TO RESOLVE IT.

Rosalind Black will be eternally grateful.