Microsoft's third-generation Xbox game console, released November 22, 2013.

356 Questions View all

What is this wire/clip?

Does anyone know what the wire is called that connects the front of the motherboard to the wifi clip? I will attach a picture if needed, but basically one of the clips that holds it in place on the motherboard has come off, i have no idea what they are called and have been searching all night. The circular clip is roughly 1-2 mm in diameter. I'm hoping to be able to buy it off amazon. Can someone help me out as my xbox wont switch back on without it and cant really afford another one. Xbox support already said they wont repair it as i've opened it. Guess this is my fault for fixing my disc drive....

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

It sounds like this is part of the wire that goes from the wifi board to the wifi antenna in the green board at the front of the this correct? A picture would be good just to be sure we are on the same page.

If so then you'll need a new cable. I don't know of an easy way to just fix the clip.

I can help more after I see a pic.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


OK. I see the pic...the best way to fix this is to buy the new wire.


Can you help me out on a cable to buy if it's not too much to ask? I have no idea what I'm looking for


I just answered your email earlier. Since you are not in the US I'm not sure shipping is worth it but I can check into it for you and give you an estimate.


Good morning, I have the same question. WHere can i get a wifi cable for my xbox one


@Demetrius I just answered the question you posted with a link to where you can buy them.


Add a comment That's the wire man, little clip came off on the front side

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

michaelphilbin will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 130