Sony Xperia Z3 Compact released in Sep. 2014.

z3c won't turn on. Flashes battery charging sceen.

I just replaced the cracked screen on my z3 compact but the phone won't turn on, and when I plug it in to charge, it flashes the battery icon. When I plug it into my pc, windows makes a noise, but won't recognize the phone.

Is my phone for sure bricked?

Most Helpful Answer

I managed to solve this issue by opening the phone back up and reconnecting the battery properly.

Me too. The battery connector was disconnected.

Battery should last for ages, allegedly - but mine Z3 compact showed similar symptoms to yours after just 18 months of use. I have replaced battery and it's working again.

I had this problem, I to thought i had somehow bricked the phone I took the back glass off again and found that I had put some of the screws in the wrong places.

it probably caused the phone main board to not earth correctly, therefore preventing the charge circuit from working correctly.

to fix:

- take back glass back off (annoying but necessary)

- take all screws back out of black plastic shroud. (if screws are in the wrong holes like mine were this can be difficult)

-put two smaller diameter but longer length silver screws either side. of battery.

-put 3 shorter fatter golden screws above and below the battery. (1 above 2 below)

- tighten screws.

- plug in to charge wait 10 minutes to make sure it is now charging. (mine took this long to start working again. as it still turned on and off a couple of times until it got to 2 %. then it charged normally)

- replace rear glass once you are happy it is now charging.

Hope this helps.

I'm having this issue now as well. tried moving the screws around into the right places but it's still just flashing the battery icon when I plug in the charger. Any ideas?

I had the same issue.

Plugging the phone into a charger and holding the power button10 seconds on and 10 seconds off.

When you press the home button the phone charging symbol should then come on, and disappear.

Your phone should then start charging as normal, I would advise leaving it to charge till its at least 50% powering it on again.

hi!

I had same exact same issue.

No of above described helped.

The reason is my battery was very low when I start change screen.

Battery icon flashed.

Then even it stopped. (battey had no more energy for even that)

Red -green led flashed on charge cable plug-in.

So, I plug-off charging cable and I just plug off screen and plug-in charging back.

Red led on and device began charge.

There is a solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyCeNfc9...

DooberKnob will be eternally grateful.