The Nintendo 3DS XL 2015, marketed as the New Nintendo 3DS XL, was released October 11, 2014 in Japan and February 13, 2015 in North America.

Can I fix my water damaged new 3ds?

I was drinking water and a few drops fell on the circle pad, screen, and A,B,X, and Y buttons. I was playing Super Smash Bros on it during this time. I wiped it off with my shirt. It was fine for about twenty seconds, but started flickering. I turned it off and back on and the top screen was black. The bottom screen was flickering, so I turned it off. I covered it with rice and put in a Ziplock bag. I found out later that you aren't supposed to turn it on. What should I do? I don't want to send it to Nintendo. If I have to, can someone suggest a cheap place to fix it at? Thanks.

P.S. It is the New Nintendo 3ds XL.

My new nintendo 3ds xl fell down on the sea shore and some water went into it and it was on the standby mode,when i tried to charged it,it worked when i tried to switch it on but it won't turn on.

What do I do?

My Nintendo 3ds xl got water on its screen and started flickering and now when I turn it on it shows the normal screen for about 2 seconds then goes black and says an error has occurred, how can I fix it

Clean ever connection with a soft toothbrush. As well clean the logic board use a 99% isopropal alcohol for all cleaning. now is the time to start drying out the ds. Set the screens in a desiccant or silica gel leave it in for several day moving it from time to time to get the max effect from the desiccant . use a blow dryer on a low heat setting to dry the rest of the ds. Only use a hair dryer once you have cleaned the ds completely with the alcohol. Do not attempt to dry the ds if its still wet with water with the blow dryer as this only spreds the water. Replace the battery with a new one consider the old ones done. Clean again with isopropal alcohol let dry and when you think everything is clean and dry reassemble the ds (make sure to clean the contacts on the screen after removing from the desiccant). Once you've reassembled the ds its time to power it on. Hold your breath and hope for the best

Put in rice and a bag

Score -1

RIce is a food not a tool

Old wives tale, totally ineffective.

epic377 will be eternally grateful.