Does not boot-or any sign of life-other than battery/AC adaptor
My BTO late 2008 MacBook Pro 2.8GHz laptop has been perfect until last week when it completely died - and died hard. No water damage or any physical external issues...just stone dead.
The battery was discharged with only one light so I plugged it into the original AC adaptor and the battery charged up to full and the Mag connector went from yellow to green by morning. It still would not boot. Other than power to the battery lighting up now full and and the Mag Safe connector changing color the computer shows absolutely no signs of life at all. No clicks, no sounds of any kind and no lights. Total paperweight.
I have tried SMC reset and leaving the battery out for a couple of days. Nothing. completely dead.
Did notice that if I had the battery out and kept the power button down when I plugged in the Mag Safe connector, the light would be dim until the power button was released. I think that tells me that the power switch works-but I cannot get the computer to show any signs of life.
Is this a good question?