The Samsung Galaxy Pocket was announced in March 2012. The handset is budget-oriented, sporting a relatively small 2.8-inch LCD display.

Why does my phone keep vibrating for no reason

My phone keeps vibrating usually 2 quick vibrations after one another fo no reason. This keeps happening while on standby . I have tried everything but cant seem to stop it.

Hello, Could you give a bit more detail? how often, while sitting on something or your pocket, have you tried to turn vibrate off , is resetting the phone an option?

Found my own solution i did remove the battery cleaned the contacts and put out hte micro SD card put it back in and started it, the buzzing went off. might be so the SD card was not 100% in contact. :) did also remove manually all updates and forced push services for updates on the android os.. that is just stupid takes up too much space on the little phone ;).

Just reset android 3 or 4 times and it works fine

hi guys my phone do the same.

my phone has been doing the same recently. i recently reset it. now we wait.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Settings- personal tab- accessibility- notification reminder- turn that from ON to OFF

Excellent ! Well done !

so helpful. this solved my problem. thank you thank you !!! no more annoying alerts :)

Problem solved! Thank you! I tried everything, this worked!

I can't even find personal tab (phone driving me mad)

Thank you so much brother...I by mistake turned on the notification reminder for which cell used to vibrate each 1 min apart...Your answer was helpful to me

If I remove Google Play Services from my Galaxy Poxket then it stops vibrating.

Mine too. But Google services comes back all the time when the phone is connected to internet. And YouTube wont work.

I installed version7.0.86 but the newer version just keeps coming back,

I allso tried to set google play store settings to no update.

newer version keeps coming back (version 9)

I downloaded the latest google play services from apkmirror

version is 9.4.52. It is newer than that phone automaically downloads 9.2.56. It vibrates less.

I tested 8.3.00 and it doesn't vibrate. But in 15 minutes it was 9.4.52 the newest version.

My friend has android 4.x and 8.7.03. Why doesn't it upgrade.

I think my vibrations started when I removed google play services at first time.

A vibration is oftentimes used to notify you of an event, usually an alert. In my case, when this happened frequently on my wife's phone, I did some snooping and realized that she kept getting a notification of available Samsung Software Updates. At times, the notification would pop up on the notification bar, at times, it would not.

I did the updates as per the notification and have not had the phone vibrate ever since.

So snoop around and see whether any of the default apps, or the installed apps need updating and this may just be the thing causing you sleepless nights.

Regards,

Kevin.

Thanks Kevin for the information. I also have the same problem, I updated all the apps installed but the phone keeps vibrating. Can there be any other possibility? Any help will be appreciated.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I was informed that it was a warning that the memory was full and that I must download onto a SD card, the phone has a small access port on the right hand side. Rather than do this I wiped the phone clean and started again (hold the volume up, home and on off switch simultaneously) This has stopped the vibrating, just had to reload all the apps I need plus any other info. Music takes a lot of memo so have had to remove this as well!

I got 1 GB free space so memory issues is not the problem :(

I have a j 20w and it vibrates for no reason i can find i have it on silent but cant turn off vibrations

These regular vibrations at a set time interval are not caused by Notifications (which are random) but by Google Play Services, like Passegua said. The FINAL SOLUTION is to uninstall or delete Google Play Services (specially the update), and do not reinstall ever again. This is what was causing the constant vibrating on the phone. Plus it also rendered useless the Play Store app, so no applications could be installed or updated. I thought I had lost my phone due to the constant vibrating. Alfred

Go to "settings", "accessibilitys", under general and turn off "persistent notifications" that worked on my g3

This works...I just went to this and it worked!! yessssss! Thank you Kevin!!!

My Samsung J3 2016 mobile is from Saudi Arabia.By mistake I have updated the Indian software on it. There are frequent messages coming in to stop the application.To stop all the applications, I have repeatedly asked him for his Saudi Arabia software.How to get his Saudi Arabian original file?

Hey All,

All you have to do is ....

Go to TASK MANAGER app,

Go to the Downloaded tab from Task Manager

UNinstall Playstore.

That's all!

It keeps coming back.

Yep. Had tried just about all suggestions. This is the only one that worked!

So, there are several processes that cause the glitch. I had started off thinking it was pings to my WiFi router,, then worked my way through most of the settings without finding a solution.

Press menu, go to task manager, RAM, clear memory.

That worked for me. It closes 9 programs.

It Works. Magic. Thanks a lot:)

The phone is vibrating because it either hasn't got enough space. Or you have google play services installed which make the phone vibrate. Making it unusable.

Only way to fix it is to uninstall google play services and google play store (the updates not the whole apk).

yeah i think thats correct. all applications are around 1mb then u see play sore with 80mb

for the galaxy pocket, all I know is that the internal memory should not be overloaded. the minimum amount of storage left should not be below 500 megabytes. try this to quell your phones random vibrations. all the best.

Actually is less than 105MB.

SETTINGS

turn off NFC

I had the same problem and went through all the fixes I could find online, and nothing seemed to fix the vibrating. Finally I figured out that my Gear S2 watch became disconnected and could not reconnect with the phone. I had to manually un-sync and resync the watch to the phone in order to stop the vibrating. It took me over a day to figure this out. I hope this helps some of you.

Hello Friends .

I Think I Know What You Can Try To Fix this issue -

• First Restart Your Phone And Check You theme and Profile . Just To Make Sure Its Is Not ACCIDENTALLY On Vibration Mode .
  • Checkout The Sound And Vibration Settings too .
  • Try Booting Your Phone In Safe Mode Using These steps Boot Phone In Safe Mode
  • Uninstall All Unwanted And Junks Apps And Files .
  • In Case If Nothing Working Try Doing A Reset On Your Phone .

I Hope these steps May Help ..

I experience this issue also so what I did are. Uninstall google play services then clear cache, clear data and uninstall updates for Google play store. It works on my GT-S5300 phone. Hope so that it works on your phone.

Thanks sweetheart...it worked perfectly for me...Kathy bae i really appreciate it..

I want this phone to stop vibrating

Jerry Baker did you follow any of the answers provided?

I have a ZTE Phone that continuously vibrating there was a notification I noticed that it was coming from messaging. My phone isn't activated so I just clicked "Force Stop" and the notification disappeared. I noticed that I had to do this every time my phone shut down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ8DLkYM...

It was an alert to my email account being blocked I found out by going back to shop where I bought it and getting it sorted there

Vibration while browsing with chrome Android 6.0.

Go to settings>prompt&notifications>app notifications>select chrome>app settings>uncheck vibrate.

Needed, disable/ change other options for notifications.

Same have a check with other possible apps that cause annoying vibrations. East some quantity of battery power.

Kevin Holloway will be eternally grateful.