Black screen, backlight problem?

I recently dropped my iphone 6 in the sink briefly. It was water damaged as the LCI shows red. I can still charge it; see it in iTune; and if I shine a flashlight on it, I can see the display, but the screen appears black without light.

Does it mean backlight fuse is burned? If so, I don't think I can do it without some real fine tools and micro scope. How much would it cost for the repair shop to fix it?

Thanks.

Thanks for the answers. The reason why I suspect it being the backlight problem is that I can still see it clearly with a flashlight, and I can gesture and all the things. I thought if there's an LCD issue, I won't even see that.

Most Helpful Answer

Could just be the LCD. Clean the logic board and try another LCD

I would advise you have it professionally cleaned in an ultrasonic system first. Shoot me an email and I can advise you with a quote, my email is on my profile page.

Did u guys fix the problem.

I would try another screen. I would rule that out before venturing into the backlight repair. Also, look at the connector when you take it apart.

Hello. The problem is the ride with coils or ic system in 1503 . Jobs for professionals iFix

I'm afraid iron man is wrong on this. It's not the coil. It's never the coil. They're waterproofed on the 6. It's almost certainly the backlight filter/fuse. It's a tiny ferrite bead suspended between two pads. Really really tiny. If that's alright then it's the diode following it, that's too complicated for home repair, but you might could handle the filter/fuse. Check it with a continuity tester. If it's negative, try patching it. Just make sure the ferrite rod is attached to both ends and touch NOTHING ELSE.

Can I attach a drop of solder conecting both ends of the filter to fix it??

So I could be wrong . But it will be easier if you join fellow detailed pictures . If they are filters that will have a different color .

Joe Zhao will be eternally grateful.