Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Replacing lock / unlock button

I've accidentaly dropped my White 3GS the other day, and I didn't notice then that my lock botton is missing. Now I only can lock/unlock my phone with my fingernails!

can I just insert a new botton in its place or I have to change the entire front panel assimbly.

on more thing, Can I change the rear panel, too? its full off scratches and dents

you can replace the power-/sleep-/lock button - but i guess you mean the home button (as you wrote something about the front panel) - surely the button can be replaced - but you have to separate the glass from the plastic part - you can use the front panel guide to disassemble the phone.

and yes, the rear panel can also be replaced

No, I mean the Power/sleep/lock button;

I just visited your link however it says " This product works in:

All 3G iPhones (excluding 3GS) "

mine is 3GS

any suggestions?

--------

for the rear panel, I couldn't find the part here.

I'm not sure if its out off stock or ifixit doesn't sell them...

cheers

ok, you placed the phone in the wrong category - thats why the links didn't fit - i changed the category and the link to the guide. i don't know why the button should not fit - other's sell them as an interchangeable part. you're right, ifixit has no rear panels for the 3gs - i would try ebay for that ;-)

hawaiiisa will be eternally grateful.