Only backlight on the screen...

Hi.

I have an iPhone 6 in for a screen replacement. I had two screen left, but i´ve had an issue with both.

First I tried the screens without reassembling the small parts (camera, LCD shield plate ect), and it worked fine.

When i reassembled the small parts it just have backlight. Works fine if I connect the old screen

Also: the phone will not turn on when the new screen connected. But if the phone is powered on and I connect it, I get the backlight..

This happend to both.. Can´t see any damage on the flex cables.

I´ve done alot of iPhone repairs, so I´m not a newbie :p

Hope someone can help me understand what happened/what went wrong :p

- Alex

When you say you get backlight you see a white background or black background?

It´s black..

So if I understand your question correctly you are asking what's wrong with the screens because the phone works with the old screen correct?

Yes.. And that the new screen worked fine when I tested it without the LCD shield plate ect..

So i'm asking what might have gone wrong

Is it recognized by iTunes?

Most Helpful Answer

The iPhone 6 screen connector is bigger and easy to bend. However if you have checked the connectors and they are not damaged or bent then I'd say you got defective parts. In cheaper parts the flex joint is not attached correctly and it is easy to damage it.

I'm assuming you tried the following:

- test screen without small parts to see if that worked

- if you don't unplug battery during repair you did a soft reset with new screen

It'd be interesting to see if those screens behave the same way on another phone :)

Tried it on another phone, and it´s the same...

It's just a bad flex on those screens IMO

Hey Israel, I didn't know you were on here too. LOL

I have a 6S with backlight and no image. I've changed the U4020 & U4000 and stumped.

Nevermind, I found out it was the connector! It was bowed open a bit. Otherwise it looks good. I just clamped it inwards with tweezers.

You are a genius Israel, thank you !

This is inaccurate for my issue. I tried several different screens and all had the same outcome.

Haha thanks T1T! I just saw your comment! - Tyler, can you see backlight or image on your screen? is it a 6 plus? More info would help!

After connecting new screen try for hard reset.

Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.

Hold them both until you see the screen go black.

Wait until the white Apple logo appears.

When this happens, you can let go.

The device will reboot.

If this is not working you to replace with geniue display.

So the old screen works and the new screen doesn't?

What does this tell you lol

Not what im asking for.. Know that it might be broken, but im asking what went wrong, since it worked before i reassebled the small parts..

sorry, check backlight solder is good. and make sure the connection that the solder gets power from is good (can't remember on iphone 6)

i was told by a professional that the logic board is most likely fried:(

Heres a professional telling you its fixable. So your professional isn't so professional anymore.

alex will be eternally grateful.