New screen installed - washed out look

I installed my new screen - seemed easy enough. Color looked fine, but as I have used it, the screen seems to wash out - gets a whitish/bluish look to it. If you run your finger back and forth over the screen it starts washing out more and keeps going until it is still viewable but very washed out. If you wait a second, and press on the screen a few times - not moving around, literally just press down, it will restore the colors.... Any thoughts ?

Hi, this is a static issue, it is a faulty part, as not enough ESD paste was used with the screen.

You can even prove this by using isopropyl alcohol and rubbing on the screen with it and it will disappear almost instantly. It will come back though.

You will need a replacement screen.

You were right - the alcohol wipe makes it go away instantly.

You will need it replacing unfortunately

Where did you buy the screen from? Sounds like it is defective. Return it and get a new one from a reputable supplier.

Bought at ifixit

Should I buy somewhere else ?

iFixit is generally very good with customer service. Contact them and ask for an exchange.

jjordan will be eternally grateful.