The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Question about U7 Agatha PMU

Hello ifixit,

I have an iPhone 5c that is getting incredibly hot on the U7 chip as soon as the battery is hooked up. About 5 seconds and it's too hot to touch. I know I can't reflow this chip due to the glue underneath of it. My question is, is this chip specific to the phone like the baseband chip? I want to find out whether I would be better off re-balling or just replacing this chip. Or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance

I'm not looking at the schematic right now, but if it is the one I am thinking about (95% sure) then no it is not specific to the phone.

Sweet, then I'll just order some new ones

yes you can clean that glue on low temp around it .

and one thing more use the good quality flux and gave a hight temp for replace the chip

Josh White will be eternally grateful.