Replacing digitizer without LCD

Is it possible to change the digitizer and not lcd on lumia 1320? I get mixed info online. Some sites tell that the digitizer is attached to the lcd and not possible or hard to change? And some sites say the digitizer is attached to the glass, which I believe, but I have glass+digitizer replacement. Not trying to change just the glass.

It is possible to replace glass only but not an easy job. For this screen the glass, digitizer and lcd are bonded together just like in an iPhone screen. You want to purchase the full assembly and replace the full screen.

Screen = glass +digitizer+lcd

Would you ever even consider trying to take the glass off? Just tell he OP it's not worth the effort, besides where would you get just the glass?

But in the iPhone the digitizer is only attached from edges, isn't it? Is this bonded all around or just edges?

The glass is fairly easy to find (for most cell phone models actually) that is why there is so much confussion when people look up the parts to repair their phones. I get so many customers asking why we charge so much for a $5 glass replacement but the truth is most shops use full assemblies.

So Milla, replacing the glass only or the glass with the digitizer is a big process and unless you are doing quantity, it is not worth it. As Mayer stated it is not worth the effort. These screens are bonded with Optical Clear Adhesive (OCA). You would need to invest in simple tools for separation of glass and re-glueing with a HIGH probability of failure that at the end of the day. So buying a full assembly is 100% worth it!

The digitizer is a layer of capacitance present all throughout the screen. Think of it as a screen protector in between the glass and LCD. This layer connects to the board through a flex cable. This flex cable connects to the layer one side either too to bottom or left to right.

Good answer. My bed time, keep it up, straight answers are always best.

Sure will thanks!

Milla Hurme will be eternally grateful.