Repair guides for portable MP3 players. These devices play back stored music from hard drives or flash memory.

My MP3 player won't turn on once I remove the charger.

I can listen to my Sylvania SMP2200 2GB MP3 Player when it is charging, but once it unplug it it stops and the light won't turn on. I know it has to be fully charged to play, but it was charging all night. Any tips?

Most Helpful Answer

It sounds to me like you have a bad battery connection or a dead battery. Remove the back cover from the device. Locate the battery and its connector. DO NOT TOUCH THIS!!! It may be round or boxy. Using a spudger if you have one, otherwise use a pencil eraser, push the battery connector back in. Attempt to turn on the MP3 player. If this does not work, then you may have a dead battery.

Do you think this could happen already? I just got it yesterday.

same thing happened to me. I haven't even used it yet.

Poor quality control (especially if from a "generic" brand) can pass products that don't work.

I had this problem too its not the battery it must be switched on when charging but plug in your earphones and make sure no music is playing or the battery will be drained and it will result in no charging, That fixed mine hope it helps somebody :p :D

my mp3 player wont turn on but i will play music from my chromebook

ok so mine wot turn on at all!!! What do i do?

mine turns on when its plugged in but as soon as i remove it from my laptop it turns off. when its plugged in it fully works. what shall i do?

Did you find a way out ?

anchorsawaybyjulie78 will be eternally grateful.