Repair guides for portable MP3 players. These devices play back stored music from hard drives or flash memory.

My MP3 player won't turn on once I remove the charger.

I can listen to my Sylvania SMP2200 2GB MP3 Player when it is charging, but once it unplug it it stops and the light won't turn on. I know it has to be fully charged to play, but it was charging all night. Any tips?

Most Helpful Answer

I had this problem too its not the battery it must be switched on when charging but plug in your earphones and make sure no music is playing or the battery will be drained and it will result in no charging, That fixed mine hope it helps somebody :p :D

It sounds to me like you have a bad battery connection or a dead battery. Remove the back cover from the device. Locate the battery and its connector. DO NOT TOUCH THIS!!! It may be round or boxy. Using a spudger if you have one, otherwise use a pencil eraser, push the battery connector back in. Attempt to turn on the MP3 player. If this does not work, then you may have a dead battery.

Do you think this could happen already? I just got it yesterday.

same thing happened to me. I haven't even used it yet.

Poor quality control (especially if from a "generic" brand) can pass products that don't work.

I just got mine.... is YES a generic brand?

ok so mine wot turn on at all!!! What do i do?

you have to plug it up to a computer and program it when you plug it up then some thing will popo up click it

mine turns on when its plugged in but as soon as i remove it from my laptop it turns off. when its plugged in it fully works. what shall i do?

Did you find a way out ?

Same here, mine does that to

my mp3 player wont turn on but i will play music from my chromebook

my mp3 player has not been charged for months got charger is charging but plays no music yet

I am having the same problem

anchorsawaybyjulie78 will be eternally grateful.