Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Memory full and I've not filled it?

My daughter has a macbook pro and it is saying her memory is full and she showed me the memory line .. but when she goes into looking at what it is, it is all weird stuff that is there a year/18 months before she had the macbook pro and was not there when she purchased it.

Do you think her macbook pro has been compromised. Oh, and this weird stuff can't be deleted.

Should she wipe her macbook pro - there is nothing on it that she wants to keep. How would she do this. She would ask herself but can't even get onto a help page!

Thanks guys ... problem resolved :)

I would definitely do a clean install if there is nothing on it that she wants to keep!

Here is a link to a good tutorial on how to do it. Follow the clean install section.

http://osxdaily.com/2014/10/18/clean-ins...

Sounds like she joined a music/vid sharing site or BitTorrent.

What often happens it you join up and in the process you allow others to store their stuff on your system as a peer host (which is not a good idea).

I agree with Israel here do a clean install after doing a complete reformat of the drive so there is no trace of any software running on your system. When you set the system up again, setup two user accounts: one for your daughter and one for use as the administrative user. Set it up that only you can install apps. That way you can protect your daughters account.

AGasson will be eternally grateful.