Why is my phone freezing and the home button won't work?

A few months ago a little bit of water got inside my front screen and there were dark spots on the front screen. After putting it in rice most of the dark spots were gone. A month or so later, my screen cracked and I had it replaced. Everything was fine until recently my phone has been freezing a lot and just a little while ago my home button completely stopped working. Help :(

You wasted your time putting the phone in rice, as rice doesn't do anything at all.

If you just got the screen replaced, and didn't bother to clean up any of the corrosion that has more than likely built up inside the phone, then that is probably why the home button has stopped working, and may be causing issues with the screen or phone itself.

marymccarthy20 will be eternally grateful.