A game console released in North America by the Nintendo Company in 1985, called the Nintendo Entertainment System, model NES-001.

System only runs Mario/Duck Hunt. Out of ideas, need help!

Okay, so I'm kinda new to fixing NESs. So I've been following a lot of how-to's online and trying a lot of easy fixes, but so far nothing has worked. As of right now, I have boiled the 72 Pin Connector 3 times, I have cleaned it with alcohol twice, I have cleaned the contact points on the NES every time I have boiled the 72 Pin connector, and I have disabled the lock-out chip.

I no longer get the Red Blinking Light, and I can get the NES to run both of my copies of Mario/Duck Hunt about 70% of the time, but I can't get any other games to work at all. And before you ask, yes I have cleaned the games, multiple times even. This is a second NES that I got basically for free that I am trying to fix and sell/gift. All of my games work on my personal NES.

I'm kind of just out of ideas at this point, and I'd prefer not to buy a new 72-Pin collector if I don't have to, but if there's nothing else I can try, then I'm open to doing that

If the games work fine in your other NES, I would recommend replacing the 72 pin connector. It is an inexpensive part and will most likely fix your issue.

I would try using the "broken NES" with the 72 pin connector from the working NES, if it works, thats the issue. if it doesn't, then I would try replacing the mother board or try plugging in the cartridges in to it while disassembled to see if the cartridge loading mechanism doesn't make a good connection.

First, try blowing on the cartridges. It may sound crazy, but it sometimes works! If this does not work, then I would put in a new 72 pin connector. Try to make sure it is not a third party one. If possibl3, get the real deal.

I mean possible

cjloftin will be eternally grateful.