Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Do You Have A Dock Connector Cable To Replace The One Destroyed

In Step 10 of the Display Assembly Replacement, I misunderstood the directions and tore the dock connector cable in half where it entered the case. I thought it meant to pull the cable off completely and ripped it thinking it was adhered to the side of the speaker enclosure.

It did not dawn on me that I had screwed up until Step 38 when I removed the display assembly from the iPhone. I had noticed in other steps that the cable was still attached but assumed it would be on the new display assembly. BIG MISTAKE!!!!

Is there a way to install a new dock connector cable?

jerryrogerson, it sounds to me like the best approach will be to replace the complete dock connector. It will have the cable on it.

jerryrogerson will be eternally grateful.