Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

What type of scissor clip is this?

I cant seem to find a replacement for this type of scissor clip, has anyone seen this type Arrow Key clip before? It is not Type A or B. The Keyboard is off a 2010 or 2009 MBP.

Can you give us the last four digits of your serial number so we can correctly identify which model you have.

Thanks Dan yes will give them a go. To be honest I'm not sure what the actual keyboard came from as I had it lying around and swopped it out for a liquid damaged one. I may have to swop it out again - hmm all those little screws... I'm wondering if it was a non Apple keyboard as I cant find any details on this type of clip - but I didn't think anyone would bother to make them...

The metal tab where the scissor clip locks into, is it a hook or a closed loop.?

Thanks for your reply, its 3 hooks - no closed loops.

Find out what it is and I'll see if I have one for you for free. The last four figures of your serial number might help.

Thanks mayer, that is a very generous offer, unfortunately I'm not sure what the keyboard is out of (other than a box of donor keyboards) And having compared the clip to another 20 or so keyboards and searching online - This one is different from any other I can see! I'm resigning myself to pulling it off again and swopping it for a "normal" one.

Without more information on your system it will be hard to narrow down what the keyboard version is. I should point out if you lost the full scissor you'll need to find a junker to steal it from. Otherwise its time for a complete new keyboard - Ouch!

I would recommend you contact these folks they maybe able to get you the needed parts: TheBookYard.

Cooper will be eternally grateful.