No display after routine thermal compound application.
My macbook pro was overheating so decided to open it up and reapply thermal compound to the cpu. That all when smoothly but upon closing up the unit I noticed a burning smell coming from the machine. I opened it up and realised that some components near the lvds had literally come off. I can't find the schematics for this machine and I have spent countless hours hunting and no joy . Its emc is 2554 . Has anyone every had this problem and how did they over come it? Seems a pity to just buy a new one. The machine makes all the noises on startup. Any help would be great appreciated. Cheers
Is this a good question?