Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

What is the black tape on the lower case?

I got an issue on my MacBook Pro 13", I opened the lower case and I noticed some kind of metal dust all over the components (motherboard, memory, speakers). After some search I found the source and it is some kind of black tape placed in the lower case, it seems like it is related to the memory. What is it? Where can I buy it? What is the role of this thing in the lower case?

I uploaded an image highlighting the tape that I want do replace: http://postimg.org/image/6ce97e5qn/

All that is shielding, and an insulator from the metal bottom plate. keeps the bottom plate (metal) from touching and circuitry so it doesnt short out. If it is flaking out, you can just peel it up and clean it off and put it back down. if you dont want to put it back you can just get some esd tape and place it on the bottom plate where that one was.

Fernando Geraldo Mantoan will be eternally grateful.