These repair guides are for a 2007-2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara Edition.

trying to jump battery lights flash and horn blows

tyring to jump battery horn blows and lights flash

It's probably your alarm system that's going off. When the battery died, the car's alarm system assumed that someone is tampering with the battery or had disconnected it in order to break into the car. Here's what you can do hook up the jumper cables. The horn will start to blow. As soon as it does, using the key fob, lock and then unlock the doors or basically whatever you usually do to shut off your alarm. once you've disabled the alarm go ahead and try to start up.

It worked like a charm. It happened once before, but so long ago I forgot how to stop it. My remote doesn't work but locking and unlocking the doors a couple of times fixed the problem.

My fob for my 2004 Lincoln Towncar also did not work. After doing a reconditioning recharge with a C-Tek Charger (24-ish hours) I connected the battery loosely which started the horn blowing again. Ran to the driver door and used the key to lock and unlock a time or two. Horn stopped. Car wouldn’t crank until I tightened the battery cable clamps. So just a little Power was enough to start the horn blowing but not enough to start the car.

Thanks for this answer. Saved me a tow and a service charge at a minimum.

thank you Richard and Rob. that worked 0n my 2003 Honda pilot. Mike

jgwright54 will be eternally grateful.