A series of Pavilion branded laptop computers manufactured by Hewlett-Packard from 2008 that featured a 17.3" diagonal display. Available with an AMD or Intel processor.

Why did my hard drive fail?

I was downloading a couple AMD driver updates and my computer shut off really quick in the middle of installing one and now I can't boot my computer properly. After the loading screen it shows a blank screen with a cursor. The HP diagnostic testing said the hard drive was not working and had failed. What do I do now?

Cory Ciccone, set your Bios to boot from optical drive. Get a Live Linux CD or Hirens CD or similar start up disk and boot from the optical drive. See if you can access your data on the hard drive. It may be possible that you have lost the master boot record and may have to reformat and reinstall the OS. If you can not access that drive, than you will have to replace the hard drive. The service manual for the computer is available at the bottom of this page.

Cory Ciccone will be eternally grateful.