Repair guides and support for all types of batteries.

My power bank does not charge my phone?

I bought this Verbatim 10200mAh Black Power Bank a few months ago. It worked perfectly fine with my iPhone 5S and other android phones as well. Yesterday I lent it to my friend who had a Nokia Windows Phone. It was the first time my power bank charged a WP. Since then, my power bank went into the state where you can turn it on (LED indicator lights up) but it automatically turn itself off in a couple of seconds, regardless of whether my phone is plugged in to the power bank or not. Usually when the phone isn't plugged in, the light would stay on for pretty long but this time it turns itself off after like 2-3 seconds. I tried different phones (other than WP), different cables and tried to switch between the two ports on the power bank as well. Doesn't work. However, I can still charge the power bank by connecting it to a socket/computer. Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated as I don't really want to get a new power bank. Thanks a lot!

Same is happening to me.. Did u get any solutions?

Same problem here ... If u got the solution, share us.

My power bank still works on my phone, but barely. I'll plug my cable in the bank and then my phone. I turn on the bank and my screen turns on to say it's charging, but when I turn my phone screen off I can see the amperage drop quickly on my power bank screen and and then it will turn off. If I turn my phone screen back on before the bank turns off, then the amperage goes back up. Though it never gets over .50 amps. And it can put out up to 2.1 amps. This just started today for me

Wally -- don't turn the screen off. Try using your phone for a few minutes whilst charger starts to kick in. Ive noticed problem occurs when phone goes into sleep mode.

I will suggest you charge the Power bank for Pretty long hours, say 5 hours and then re try using it, it was probably over drained by the WP phone

Trypophobia

I try to recharge it for long hour but it still the same will off automatic a second after on

Even if the pwer bank is 100 percent??

it seems like the charging ic is fault

I had same problem,

I tried connecting charger to power bank as well as power bank to mobile simultaneously for few seconds, then tried connect only to Mobile with power bank and it works,

Sometimes it might be the cable's fault. I once had this problem, but when I swapped cables it worked fine.

Instead of using the cable and attatchments the power bank came with, use your original USB phone charger. I had the same problem but this worked.

I also have the same issue with my power bank. I was using it for my mind note 4 for 1 year then I used it for charging my Bluetooth speaker, after that it is not working with my phone. But I can charge my BT speaker now also. I think the power bank will go to the lower capacity level once we connected to a low capacity battery..

The only way I can get my iPhone to charge using a power bank and the power bank not switch off is to use my phone whilst it is charging. If the phone is idle and goes into sleep mode that seems to be the problem. Change the settings on your phone so it doesn't go into sleep mode too quickly.

Gellette will be eternally grateful.