A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Controller won't sync with console.

I've run into an issue with a few PS4's where the controller won't sync with them. I know the controller I'm using is good because I've used it on several different PS4's without issue. Has anyone had any luck fixing this issue?

When I plug the controller in and I press the PS button the light on the controller flashes blue, but it never connects. The light will go back to orange and then just repeats the process when I press the PS button again.

I managed to change the wireless communication chip on the motherboard and it fixed my problem. In this picture it is in the lower left hand corner covered by a white sticker and shield.

So you must have reballed it by hand?

I didn't even reball it actually. There are only about 60 contacts on the back of the chip and they are spaced far enough apart to not have to reball. I just fluxed the back of the chip that I took from another PS4, put it into position, heated it and it worked like a charm.

Wow..crazy...I assumed you would have to reball it. Nice! Hopefully it lasts a long time!

Soooo.....? Success??

Where can we get the chip????

I pulled one from a board that had a bad APU.

now i have to find a faulty PS4 to get the chip, wow

Can you give me any info about the chip like Model, Company, serial number any thing so that i can google search it ? , it will be of great help

First timer here, could you write a list of the tools and the steps on how to do it? or maybe a link with a good description? Thanks

RegencyTech will be eternally grateful.