The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is a 10.1-inch Android-based tablet computer and belongs to the second generation of the Samsung Galaxy Tab series.

Problems on Start-up, unit keeps rebooting.

Galaxy Tab-2 10.1: Having an issues on start-up, the table seems to startup fine, is charging fine, but after a minute or two it just reboots itself. Issues just started recently and I haven't loaded any new apps in a while. I haven't noted any recent updates, though they do seem to be updating all the time. Anyone else have experience with this happening? Doesn't seem to matter if I start an app or not, the unit just shuts down and reboots.

Any thoughts?

Will have to try re-installing android I guess.

Let me know you find a solution for this; I recently replaced a screen on one of these and got the same rebooting pattern. I had to resolder the battery in and it worked...For a bit.

I'm starting to think it's a software issue and not a hardware one, though It's a customer's device and I'd rather know for sure and fix it correctly.

I believe it was caused by an interrupted update of some sort. I end up just removing the newest apps one at a time and the problem went away after I removed 3 or 4 apps. (almost, still seems to lock up once in a while, every couple of weeks.) Mobizen was the last app I unloaded. I've since reloaded it with no problems.

Most Helpful Answer

DonStPierre, this sounds more like a hardware issue than a software. The power cycling you describe sound more like you are in need of a new battery. Here you find the guides for it

My guess wo knowing more is a power problem

DonStPierre will be eternally grateful.