7.9 inch display / Model A1432 / Available in black or white / Announced October 23rd, 2012 / 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

Tapping near home button turns off screen and clicks.

I changed my digitizer making sure to follow each step carefully. I got it fully assembled and powered it on. It turns on fine and i checked the screen to make sure there are no dead spots, worked fine. when i tried to bring up the lower short cut menu it wouldn't come up and then i tried pressing the home button but ended up pressing on the edge of the frame and it turned off the screen and made the lock "clicking" sound. I tried tapping on the front surface and i happened again. its only the spot directly to the right of the home button that does that. i took it apart and reassembled it but still same problem. Can it be a defective Digitizer?

Can be from a couple things. Could be the ribbon that holds it in is being put under pressure when you put your finger on it. Can be also your digitizer isn't working. Maybe you pushed it on too hard when you installed it. Start with the easiest thing to test and go from there.

Best of luck!

Rvega95 will be eternally grateful.