Screen is blank and the phone won't do anything.

So this happened a couple months ago and I've just now got fed up with my replacement phone and want to fix this one. I'm pretty sure that it's a problem with the battery but I just want to make sure. It died one day and I plugged it in to charge and it never came back on. I have dropped it before and had the screen replaced but that was about a month before this happened so I don't think that would be what caused it. I just want to make sure that it would be the battery and that I'm not wasting my time or anything.

Before replacing the battery try a different charging cable as they can break inside and you would not know. Does your computer see the phone when plugged in.If not its apt to be the cable. If a new cable gives you no joy try a hard reset. This is done by holding the power button and the home button down at the same time for 10 seconds. If none of that helps go for a new battery. Hope this helps

Tylin will be eternally grateful.