Released June 2012 / Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost / Up to 1 GB DDR5 Video RAM

Can I upgrade my processor?

Im from mexico, my english its too bad . but what processor can use for my mac . i will like use i7 4th generation. any guide for this upgrape .

Hey Eriks, it's not really possible to upgrade the processor of your computer. Your computer was built on this certain processor and it's soldered on the logic board as shown in the tear down on step 12 (look at the orange point). However you can replace the logic board with something that's compatible with your model like this. Also don't look into swapping different logic boards of other MacBook Pros with yours. The design may look the same but the logic board that was built for your computer and the logic board built in the others are engineered for the MacBook Pro model they were built for.

-Let me know if this helps.

MacBook Pro 15" Unibody (Mid 2012) 2.3 GHz Logic Board Image
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2012 Logic Board Image

Guide

MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2012 Logic Board Replacement

Difficulty: Difficult30 minuti - 2 ore

Eriks Martinez will be eternally grateful.