Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Gets very hot, front camera/earpiece not working after new screen

I replaced my phone screen myself a few days ago, I used to work in a phone repair store so I'm fairly confident in my abilities, everything went fine but not the front facing camera shows a blur and freezes the camera app, the ear piece isn't working (speaker phone and headphones are fine) and most annoying of all the phone gets incredibly hot. I am almost certain it is not the battery, the heat isn't even coming from near the battery, though battery life has gotten noticeably worse. There are no visibly burnt parts and I have read that replacing the front facing camera flex cable might fix the issue, anyone has any experience with this problem? It is very frustrating to have fixed the phone only to run into even more problems. I am thinking of just taking it to apple and saying its overheating however I'm sure the will check the ear piece and camera and notice the screen was replaced and I figure saying I bought it offline and trying for sympathy points won't work as I'm sure there is some way to see I am the first and only owner. Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated. Thanks in advance, sorry for the long post.

Same here, did you ever find out what the problem is?

I am having the same problem too, but recently Iphone 5c has gone completely dead after replacing the screen myself. I am also having the same issues the front facing camera and the speaker I assume are very hot. One second the phone was working perfectly with a few touch errors then another it had half a white screen and was dead. I still can't get to turn on after putting it on the charger. Please help!

After replace my display earpiece of my I phone 6 is heating what I can do sir

Most Helpful Answer

Replace the camera cable and it should be fixed. Had the same problem.

should it be the front camera or the rear camera cable because my phone overheats and the front camera doesn't work after screen replacement

The front camera needs to be replaced that is what is overheating. Or doesnt it get warm around your earphone?

Had this also when replacing a pre assembled screen. I took al the parts from the original screen and assembled them on the new screen. Then the problem was solved.

What i always do when i run into these kind of problems is just boot the phone with almost no flex cables connected. Then step by step connect a flex and test again. Try to isolate the problem this way.

i got an iPhone 6 plus for a customer who dropped the phone and needed to replace the lcd. the battery was rapidly draining and i noticed the rear facing camera gets extremely hot. when disconnecting it off of the motherboard the phone and the battery work just fine. i did search the internet but did not find any answers so i am going to purchase a new rear facing camera(if the customer oks it) and install it to see if that takes care of the problem.

kjabra,

if u need the new rear facing camera, can buy from Partsifixit, good price

If camera gets hot it could be a camera flex problem but firstly i recomended to clean a camera conectors by alcohol isp

I replaced my old earpiece and front facing camera flex cable and it still gets hot, so it must be something to do with the connectors on the earpiece or something

They 100% for sure will check the lcd and entire screen assembly and if it's aftermarket that what u will be told is it voided warranty uess it is an Apple authorized repair that does warranty repairs. I have a good 6 plus, 6s a d 6 Apple original screen assembly. So if u do wanna purchase one I have 2 to I will come off of. U can contact me w @

1079brandonone@ gmail.com

311 N Ash St.

Rector Ar, 72461

(870) 595-4597 or

(870) 595-3001 leave messages

Thanks again and have good night.

I replaced the battery for 6 plus, and now the ear piece stop working and is getting to hot that the phone shut down.

Jared Maring will be eternally grateful.