iPhone 5 says it needs cool down, but is cold

I have an iPhone 5 for repair, that constantly says it needs to cool off. The phhone is stone cold, and i cant feel any hotspot on board.

I have tried a new battery, a new screen, and a new dock.

What could it be otherwise?

any water damage? also there were lots of cases of this happening with the iPhone 4 at some point…it could be a software problem. I'd try a restore/DFU and then update and see if that works.

No red waterdamage indicators.. Will try DFU and report back

Turns out it was water damaged. I gave it an ultrasonic bath but not luck. Getting stuck midway with an error 1 in itunes now

Most Helpful Answer

It sounds to me like you have a software problem issue going on there especially if you replaced out the battery charging dock and the LCD screen which the LCD screen would have nothing to do with that problem so it all lies in the software of the phone!

It is not work, i tried it,,,

Sonnicham will be eternally grateful.