0

Dor
1

iPhone won't turn on after screen replacement

I replaced the glass+digitizer everything went well no problems at all but when i finished in noticed the screen won't turn on. what could go wrong that would cause this?

The lcd had lots of burnt pixels so it may be dead but i don't know if just opening the iphone killed it...

please help

thanks

I tried the wall charger and connecting to my computer nothing works the cables are seated perfectly

Dor,

i would connect the iphone to the computer and try to put it into dfu mode (click here for a video) - maybe this gives you any sign of life

markus weiher,

4

Julie Rhoden
79

I just replaced my cracked screen and had the same issue. mac forum suggested to reset the phone (hold down the home button and the power button simultaneously until apple pops up) and it worked like a charm!

Same issue, i replaced the digitizer and the screen didn't turn on... I just did the reset suggested by macforums As Julie mentioned.... and badabing! iPhone 3G back in business, thanks!

dirk mcgurt,

2

markus weiher

i would first try to connect the phone to the computer, if it shows up but you see nothing on the screen - the cables are not connected well

try to reseat all cables and try to power on the phone again