The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Small segment of screen is unresponsive

Hello, I've had my phone for about a year now, and my phone was dropped with a tiny crack on the screen, but my phone was working perfectly fine. Ever since I downloaded iOS 8 there is a small part of my screen that doesn't respond to touch, it's just below the middle of a phone and it's horizontal across. My screen was replaced yet I'm still having problems, my guess it is that it's the iOS software being corrupt, I spoke to an apple guru and he said he had a problem with his iPad being the same, he told me all I had to do was restore my phone through iTunes, I went through either the procedure and my screen is sti unresponsive.

Any ideas?

Cameron,

This is usually caused by damage to the Digitizer. Although you have stated that your digitizer screen was replaced so the only other problem I could think of would be the connector for the digitizer. It is unlikely this is an issue with the iOS software. I have done at least 2 4th Gen iPod Touch and 3 iPhone 5 repairs with the same issue and they have all been due to a cracked screen of damaged connector. All have been repaired and returned to my customers without any issues after replacing the damaged parts.

Good Luck and I wish you the best!

Sounds like you have a faulty digitizer, I would highly recommend getting the screen replaced. This should solve the issue you are having. :-)

Cameron Smith will be eternally grateful.