The PlayStation 3 Slim is the second version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released September 1, 2009.

I'm having problems with error code 8002F1F0

I tried updating my system, and it failed multiple times before giving me this error code. (8002F1F0) I can't even get into safe mode. Help!

Most Helpful Answer

Hey Cameron, I have two options you can try (try both):

Option 1

Try to download the update from Sony's website and put it on a flash drive and install via USB.

Option 2

As the update will start pull out the HDD (litte plastic cover on bottom of the PS3 and one screw). Then it should run to 99% and stop without any messages. Then, unplug the power to restart the system. At the next restart it will run to about 45% and then jump to 100%.

-Let me know how it goes.

-Please accept this as the answer if it answers your question.

Do i put the hard drive back in when i unplug it

OMG dude I just Get my rpoblem SOlved (srry about my english), My console always give me error at 66% i restart it al most 20 times Them when it was close to 66% i push the power button and the sistem get fix .. i can't belieave it jajaja

Hi, my ps3 has now reached 99% (finally!). Based on your suggestion above, do I unplug the system and plug it back in with the HDD back in the system or not for it to jump from 45% to 100% on the next restart?

Cameron Williams will be eternally grateful.