The current line of iPod Touch comprises six (6) different generations.

Why won't my iPod 4 update?

I tried to update it on my iPod 4 and on my toshiba labtop. But it's not letting me update it. Can u please help me? Also tell me y it won't update?

Yes it's on ios 6.1.6. But apple said it can go higher. So

Mine is there too:((

Most Helpful Answer

Hey Lexus, I have a couple of options you can try:

-Reinstall/update iTunes.

-Manually update through the settings app.

-Try with a different computer.

-If non of those work, put your device in recovery mode and restore your iPod(note doing this can erase all of the data. This includes app data, photos, and videos. Backing up your device before restoration can restore photos and videos back after restoring but not the app data.)

I only have one computer. Also how can I make it update on my iPod 4?

Hey Lexus, you can update on your iPod 4 by tapping Settings > General > Software Update. Let me know how this goes for you.

What version of IOS is your ipod 4 running?? You can check under settings > General > About. It it is on IOS 6.1.6 then you will be unable to update it as it is the highest version that will run on that ipod

Its not letting me update my iPod 4 touch I try everything. I went to settling > general > about n when I was on about it said version 6.1.6 and I try to click on it in its not letting me is there another way to do it on the iPod. N i try on the computer in its not working either.

Mine is suck on 5.1.1 and i went to general> Software Updates and it just says Your software for iOS 5.1.1 is up to date. Its really annoying cause i dont have a computer to use. It also really annoying cause i cant download anything til i update it

Lexus Allgeier will be eternally grateful.