Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Can iPhone 4S restore without connecting the lcd and digitizer

I dropped my iPhone in a well a few days ago. It went about 4-5 meters in the water and I took it out after around 30 minutes. I came house and put it in a bag of rice and kept it for around 48 hours. Then i started it but the screen displayed random lines and it was filled with water. So I isopropyled it and then after a day it started(connected to itunes in normal mode without the screen been on) for 1-2 minutes but after that it never started again. So I have been trying to restore it using iTunes but it always ends with error 4005. I'm sure that the lcd is totally damaged because its connector is corroded.I can see the serial no on the screen the iphone is connected

AM I GETTING ERROR 4005 BECAUSE I HAVEN'T CONNECTED THE LCD AND DIGITIZER OR IS IT MY LOGIC BOARD????

If lcd and display are not required during restore and still I'm getting error 4005 it means that my logic board is dead so i wont go ahead with buying a new display

A working phone can be restored without the lcd. Buying a new LCD will not restore your phone to live. Its the logicboard that has an hardware issue caused by the waterdamage.

Buying a new phone without repairing the logicboard will be a waste of your money.

Oren Collaco will be eternally grateful.