Model A1181: 1.83, 2, 2.1, 2.13, 2.16, 2.2, or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Inverter connection Help, Core duo to Core 2 Duo board

Wondering, if anyone can help me on this one. I'm upgrading from a 1.83GHZ Core Duo to a 2.13GHZ Core 2 Duo A1181 Macbook and don't have a core 2 duo display. I just have a core duo with 2 airport, black, grey wires, a LCD display data cable and the inverter cable connection to the board is block type 4-wall press-in. The core 2 duo board that I wish to use has the flat slide-in JST connector pins on the logicboard to accept the inverter cable, however the core duo display invertor cable from the display end is press-in or block type and won't fit onto the core 2 duo board.

Can I simply get a penryn inverter board and flat 3-wall cable to connect to the JST connector on the core 2 duo board to make the display work or will I need to get a core 2 duo display.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much for the response. I will try that procedure.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

You might as well just get the inverter cable from a C2D, as on the inverter side the connectors are the same. From the saved money you could try to get a C2D display frame to gain the third airport antenna.

Tony will be eternally grateful.