Display destroyed - every 5 second phone gives charging indication signal

So I dropped my iPhone 5S and shattered the glass. So I tried to remove the screen assembly. Since I don't have the spare screen yet I closed it again. Since then I don't see anything at all - no biggy… If I connect the phone to my Mac it still gets recognised. So it should still working properly… Problem though is that every 5 seconds the phone gives a charging indication signal. On loud it makes that "plem" and in silent it vibrates twice.

If I get a new display does this solve the problem? Or is the logic board damage aswell?

Hi Lucas,

If it continues to disconnect and reconnect, this is due to the LCD being damaged usually, replacing the LCD should solve your issue. :)

Lucas will be eternally grateful.