Can someone explain this date & time issue one iOS 8.3?
This device has a very strange date & time issue (maybe multiple issues).
- will not automatically detect the timezone
- will not automatically adjust to the correct time
- the time will count upwards as normal until the screen is locked for roughly 10 minutes (sleep)
- once the device resumes from sleep (unlock) it will display the time that was registered immediately prior to sleeping - and will continue to count upwards as normal from there
Manually setting time/date
- when manually setting the date & time, the day/month scroll will sporadically change - for example: above the selector bar will show 9 May, below the bar will show 11 May but inside the bar will show 26 Oct (all just example dates).
- when scrolling through the dates, the day/month will magically meld into the incorrect sequence of day/month
- often the 'set date & time' will jump forward or backward by as much as 30 years or more (sometimes also resetting to Unix Epoch)
- often the scrolling selector will just end at a completely conceivable date - such as ending on 9 Sep 1983 with no further dates possible after that
I have noticed that this issue also seems to effect WiFi stability. Likely due to security rejecting because of incorrect time.
Here is a video I have taken which identifies most of the issues (watch for the magic trick around 3:45 lol)
Is this a good question?