Are the iPhone 5 glass compatible with iPhone 5s?

I have a working iphone 5s with a working LCD/Digitizer but a cracked/smashed glass. I also have a prestine condition iphone 5 glass with a bad LCD/Digitizer which I plan to use to replace the broken 5s glass. Will it work?

No, they are not compatible.

I transferred the a working glass/digitizer assembly from my iphone iphone 5 onto my iphone 5S, everything worked like a normal the moment I put together the iphone 5S.

In short, the iphone 5 and iphone 5S glass/digitizer assembly are compatible with each other, and the glass itself had no electronic funtionalities at all, that means, the iphone 5 glass should work for iphone 5S.

5/5c/5s glass are all the same. It's the lcd/digitiser that is different.

I would find a way of sealing up the backlight else LOCA glue will seep into the layers.

Or buy a new backlight for a few quid, just needs a dab with soldering iron, then a bit of heat on the back to soften the adhesive. Else when lifting the backlight off it can break the top of the digitiser.

Good luck :)

iphonedoctorthefourth will be eternally grateful.